- This event has passed.
March 3, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about publishing but were too afraid to ask is right here in this funny, candid guide by acclaimed author Courtney Maum.
- Are MFA programs worth the time and money?
- How do people actually sit down and finish a novel?
- Did you get a good advance?
- What do you do when you feel envious of other writers?
- And why the heck aren’t your friends saying anything about your book?
Covering questions ranging from the logistical to the existential (and everything in between), Before and After the Book Deal is the definitive guide for anyone who has ever wanted to know what it’s really like to be an author.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Courtney Maum is the author of the novels Costalegre, Touch, and I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You and the chapbook Notes from Mexico. Her writing and essays have been widely published in such outlets as BuzzFeed, The New York Times, O: The Oprah Magazine, Interview, and Modern Loss. She is the founder of the learning collaborative The Cabins, and she also works as a product namer and publishing consultant from her home in Connecticut. Find out more at courtneymaum.com.